DACA Attorney Downey
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Contact the Law Office of Diego J. Weinsetel for assistance if you believe you or a family member qualifies for DACA.
What Is DACA?
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an administrative relief. The purpose of DACA is to protect eligible immigrant youth from deportation, who came to the United States when they where children. The work permit expires after 2 years, subject to renewal.
What Are The Requirements For DACA?
- You were under 31 years old as of June 15, 2012;
- You first came to the United States before your 16th birthday;
- You have lived continuously in the United States from June 15, 2007 until the present;
- You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012 and at the time you apply;
- You are currently studying, or you graduated from high school or earned a certificate of completion of high school or GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or military (technical and trade school completion also qualifies); and
- You have NOT been convicted of a felony, certain significant misdemeanors (including a single DUI), or three or more misdemeanors of any kind. Consult with us about ANY contact you have had with law enforcement or immigration authorities.
The Law Office of Diego J. Weinsetel focuses on immigration including citizenship, deportation, obtaining green cards, DACA, and more. We also focus on criminal defense including felonies, misdemeanor, and DUI’s. Located in Downey CA, we serve clients in the surrounding areas of Los Angeles County. Contact us today for a free 15 minute phone consultation, or schedule a more in-depth consultation in our office by calling (562) 622-9222.